GENERAL COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. As a magazine subscriber, you will be automatically entered into selected competitions in the magazine.
2. Where you need to send an SMS to enter a competition, standard SMS rates apply for these competitions.
3. Unless otherwise stated, all competitions are organised by Foschini Retail Group (Pty) Ltd Registration number 1988/007302/07 (“TFG”).
4. In these rules, “Promoter” means a person who directly or indirectly promotes, sponsors, organises or conducts the competition, or for whose benefit the competition is promoted, sponsored, organised or conducted, which includes TFG. No director, member, partner, employee, agent of, or consultant to the Promoter or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the Promoter, their advertising agencies, or their spouses, life partners, parents, children, brothers, sisters, business partners or associates, may enter a competition. This also applies to a person who is a supplier of goods or services in connection with a competition.
5. Competition winners (“Winners”) may be required to provide a copy of their ID to confirm their magazine subscription. All Winners need to be active subscribers of the magazine in order to qualify for a prize, which means their TFG account needs to be up to date and not in arrears.
6. Winners will be randomly selected by means of an automated system and will be contacted telephonically or via email within one month of the competition closing date. If we cannot contact a Winner after 2 attempts have been made to reach him/her on their chosen contact number, and either the call is not answered or the call goes directly to voicemail, the prize will be forfeited and a new Winner will be re-drawn.
7. The winner’s name and/or photo will be published in the magazine. The Winner will be given the opportunity to agree or not to agree to the publication of their image unless the competition is of such a nature that the Winner’s picture must be published.
8. The prize(s) will be sent to the Winner(s) via courier to the Winner(s) home address or to the nearest TFG store if the Winner does not have a physical address.
9. All competition entrants must reside in South Africa.
10. By entering the competitions, entrants agree and understand that they may win a prize and that there is no guarantee that they will win a prize.
11. Unclaimed prizes will be kept for six months only, after which time they will be re-allocated to an alternative Winner.
12. Prizes are not transferable, may not be deferred or exchangeable for cash or otherwise.
13. If any taxes, levies, duties or any charges whatsoever are levied on a prize by any competent authority, the Winner will be liable for these and the prize value will not be increased to compensate for such charges.
14. Should the law or any authority terminate a competition, no notice of termination shall be required. In such an event, all entrants waive any rights and acknowledge that they shall have no claim of any nature whatsoever against TFG, its directors, agents or employees as a result of the termination. Further, TFG reserves the right to vary, postpone, suspend or cancel the competition and any prizes that have not yet been drawn, or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time and for any reason whatsoever that TFG deems is reasonable at the time.
15. You may be limited to how often you can enter a competition, how many prizes you may win, and how often you can win a prize per magazine.
16. The decision of TFG as to the Winner is final and there will be no correspondence.
17. To the extent that a license (e.g. driver’s licence) or permission (e.g. by a parent/guardian) is required in order to accept or use a prize, the Winner must produce such licence or permission for inspection by TFG prior to receiving the prize. If the Winner does not or is unable to do so, the prize will be forfeited and another Winner will be drawn under the same terms and conditions.
18. By accepting a prize or by entering this competition, you hereby indemnify TFG, its directors, agents, employees and the promoters / sponsors against any damages of any nature whatsoever that anyone may suffer as a result of the prize/s and/or this competition, including consequential damages and economic loss.
19. Failure to comply with these terms by a Winner will be deemed to be a rejection of the prize and the Winner will then be disqualified from receiving the prize.
20. Certain competitions may have additional terms, and these will be set out in the magazine advertising the competition.
CLUB X / CLUB BURSARIES AND KIDS SUPERCLUB SCHOOL FEE CONTRIBUTIONS TERMS AND CONDITIONS
For terms and conditions relating to ClubX, Club and Kids Superclub bursaries and school fee contributions, please go to https://www.mytfgmedia.co.za/bursaries or refer to the relevant magazine for more details.